Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

What I wanted to be when I was a child.





When I was a child, I wanted to be a teacher in primary school. To me, it seemed to be the most interesting job in the world. There were lots of reasons.

Firstly, a teacher uses a blackboard with colored chalk whenever they want.
We were not allowed to write or draw something with chalk on the blackboard during breaktime. That's why I was very happy when I wrote an answer on the blackboard in class.

Secondly, teachers have summer vacation and a long winter vacation.
Unlike my father, all teachers only work during a semester and they have a long vacation. I thought it would be great if I didn't work and still got a salary from the school.

Thirdly, a teacher gets tons of presents on Teachers' Day.
It might be the most important reason why I wanted to be a teacher. I saw a pile of presents on a teacher's desk every Teachers' Day. I always envied teachers especially on that day!

As I grew up, I realized how difficult controlling children was and that I would love to do a more dynamic job than teaching. For those reasons, I don't want to be a teacher any more. I haven't found out what I want to be, what I'd like to do and what I'm good at yet. I'm still looking for the answers!


No comments:

Post a Comment