Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Pride and Prejudice


Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen



"Sometimes the last person on earth you want to be with is the one person you can't be without."

Elizabeth noticed Mr Darcy's pride, his sense of superiority, and his selfish disdain for the feelings of others at first sight, but it was her prejudice against him. When she realized she was wrong, something was chainging in her feelings toward him.


It's my first English book to finish reading, perhaps. I couldn't take my eyes off! Especially, I liked to see how Elizabeth's mind and feelings changed as time went by. That's why I couldn't help watching the movie 'Pride and Prejudice 2005' after the book. Although I've already watched it in the theater before, I felt like I was watching a totally new movie! I remember having no impression about the movie at first, but it's different now :)
'Prejudice' is a popular topic these days, but I was surprised to hear that it was written 200 years ago. What people thought and felt a long time ago may be the same as present people do.
 
I'll read Jane Austen's other novels while I can :D

No comments:

Post a Comment