Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

We are just the Korean.



Korea



When I think about North Korea, I actually feel something different that I cannot explain from others. You should ask 'WHY' :)

I visited North Korea 5 years ago with the support of the goverment.
At that time, the relationship between South Korea and North Korea was quite good as a result of a former president Kim Deajoong's endeavor. He thought young people needed to realize how important the renufication of South and North was. They felt that North Koreans were totally different people in thouse days, because there was no exchange between those two countries.

Before I visited there, I was worried and a little afraid of bumping into them. I thought they might be very aggressive and not welcome us. However, I was very wrong!
They were the same as us. I met some of North Koreans and spoke to them in SAME Korean. Of course, sensitive topics such as political issues shouldn't be talked. I don't exactly remember what we talked about, but it was completely usual things as I cannot remember at all!

Yes, we are the same Koreans even though we're split by some political and complicated reasons.

I won't say we have to be reunited soon. It's a very sensitive issue as I need more time to think about it.
But nobody can deny we aren't totally different people. We've separately been just for 60 years since the Korean War.

We are just the Korean.
That's why I told you I felt something different from others about North Korea.


Are you wondering why I suddenly wrote about North Korea? haha
I listened to the song which is called "우리의 소원은 통일 (Uri e soweon eun tongil)” or Reunification is our wish on The Seoul Searcher's blog. It gets me seriously think about that.

Would you like to see the post I read on The Seoul Searcher's blog?
* Visit The Seoul Searcher's blog and check out the original post!
> You can see a lot of posts about Korea :)


No comments:

Post a Comment