Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

The personal computer, the greatest invention in the 20th century!


I was given this specific topic to write a 180-word-article in my writing class and it should be done in 35 minutes. That's why I can't deny this article isn't well-written, but I want to share this with those who are learning English like me. I think it'd be quite helpful for FCE students in particular.
 




The personal computer, one of the greatest inventions in the 20th century

Who can live without a personal computer in the 21th century? The invention of the personal computer has completely changed our lives.

Firstly, we have got more freedom as the computer does some jobs instead of us. We don't need to spend our time calculating or recording by hand any more.

Secondly, we can access lots of information easily and quickly at home. For instance, if you want to know about Ireland, then just search the Internet and click a website related to Ireland. You can find a number of beautiful pictures and videos uploaded by Irish people.

Thirdly, the personal computer provides an important means of interactive communication. Whenever you want, you can discuss global issues with Internet users who are from all over the world.

In fact, it is said that the personal computer is the most important invention in the 20th century, because we live totally different lives from the lives of those who lived before the invention of the personal computer.


6 comments:

  1. This sucks balls. I can even write better and I'm a kid. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I accept it :) It's not the answer for sure and just what a non-English speaker practiced. I wonder what's your point and would appreciate if you could point out how I can improve :D

      Delete
  2. Work a bit more on your writing :)

    ReplyDelete