Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Our past, too important to lose!


CAE writing practice :)

I was given this specific topic to write an article in my writing class and it should be done in 40 minutes. That's why I can't deny this article isn't well-written, but I want to share this with those who are learning English like me. I think it'd be quite helpful for CAE students in particular.


You have had a class discussion on why it is important to preserve the past. Now your teacher has asked you to write an essay giving your opinions on the following statement: 'We should spend more money on preserving our past - it is too important to lose.

Write your essay in 200-260 words.



Our past, too important to lose

It is said that knowing our history is so important that we should make more efforts to preserve our past. But is it really necessary to do so?

On the one hand, there are some people who insist that we have already spent enough money and would rather invest in more practical fields such as education or medical services. Supposing we had developed new technology with the money, we would have improved our lives more. Or it may have been better to give away that money to charities since we can immediately see how wisely the money is spent. Moreover, we have not got any useful result from preserving out past, although a great deal of money and time were used. We are living in the present and going to the future, not the past. That is why they say it is a complete waste.

On the other hand, it is widely thought that the past reflects us who are living in the present and shows the future as history has repeated all the time. For this reason, if we are aware of our past well, we can get a better understanding of the way we live and think, and prepare for what will happen in the future in order not to make mistakes again which caused problems before. Furthermore, our past is not only ours, but also our future generation’s. Just because it does not seem important for us at this moment does not mean that they will not need to know about the past. It would be a vital resource for them.

It seems to me that it is absolutely necessary for us to preserve our past, because there are more things in life than simply being practical. Therefore, I agree with the statement that we should spend more money on preserving our past – it is too important to lose.



9 comments:

  1. It's a really great writing.

    I've got a blog which is belonging Naver Company.
    Recently, I'm considering to write posting in english or to change other website as your blog.

    Your blog has been inspiring me to think about that.
    I'll drop by here again :)
    Thany you so much.

    Ps.
    I really love the song 'Forget-me-not'
    Instruments, melody, voice, feeling and lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much :) I hope you to have a good English blog soon and if so, just let me know ;D I'd love to share some posts or topics with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've gotten my blog which is blogspot website. :)

    I'm new to manage the blog in english!
    so, I'm so exited!

    I'm going to post something about picture, music and science with ocean.

    It's really awesome!
    You can look forward my blog!


    Your blog's been inspiring to me.
    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful blog i have got there.. you have a good skill to write your thoughts and inspired readers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, guys :) I should write more often...haha Hope my laziness won't bother me anymore..!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello my name is Frederic, I am the co-founder of ProjectAngel (website coming soon) and I found your blog interesting. I was wondering if you will be interested to do some collaboration with my company" Please contact by email if you want to know more about it. Thank you. Frederic frederic.bibard@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. keep up the good work. thanks

    ReplyDelete