Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Spring, Flower, Lake, and the Goyang Korea Flower Show!




Spring, Flower, Lake, and the Goyang Korea Flower Show!

The Goyang Korea Flower Show, which features new flower species and flower painting technology, takes place in my neck of the woods every spring. Basically, this show started in order to advertise advanced Korean floricultural industry widely and promote relevant trade and investment. Now, it is one of the biggest events in my city, Goyang. I’m going to introduce 3 things to do there.

Firstly, enjoy Korean colorful spring, fragrant flowers, and the sparkling lake.
A number of kinds of fabulous flowers decorate the whole Lake Park, where the show is held, and they are formed into interesting objects such as a castle, a mermaid, or whatever you can imagine as if you are in a fairytale, which harmonize perfectly well with the warm and breezy Korean spring. For this reason, there are always tons of people taking photos of the scenery.

Secondly, see how flowers themselves become fantastic art work through a variety of contests.
Actually, this is my favorite part since it is a good opportunity to see how flowers can be used in real life and how participants deal with the same topic in a different way. Many contests are held such as the Traditional Flower Arrangement Contest, the Drawing Flowers Contest and so on.

Thirdly, join any event and make your own floral piece.
The Goyang Korea Flower Show is full of events. For example, I have a friend who got a flowery hand mirror from her boyfriend who made it himself with traditional Korean paper and flowers for her. She says it is the most adorable present ever as not only is it pretty but it also reminds her of the pleasant memory.

It is no exaggeration to say that Goyang is called the City of Flowers and the Lake thanks to the Goyang Korea Flower Show. It is very special to residents and a must for tourists – you will understand why it is said so when you join the show. Why don’t you come and enjoy lovely Korean spring with the beautiful lake and scented flowers in full bloom?



16 comments:

  1. 안녕하세요!!!,
    Glad to See you back posting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola :) As you know, I was busy traveling in Europe without posting! I finally settled down in Malaysia but have so many things to do here..! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is so nice. I got many things by your post. It’s very enjoyable post everything are beautifully define in your post you should continue make this type post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll try to do so, but it's not easy during my semester! Thank you though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! How is it going so far?
    I was there 2years ago also I've got still beautiful pictures which are colorful and various flowers with adorable children from there. Though I'm not living in Gyeonggi-do, I had chance to visit that festival with my friend who is living at Whajung-si. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it's been a long time since I heard from you before :) Your blog seems to change a lot! I like your postings about everyday life :D

    In fact, the last time that I joined this festival was quite long time ago.. When I made up my mind to upload this post, I just missed Korea and that festival which gave me a great memory!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for reply! :)
    I appreciate that developed mine which is affected from your blog. What if I haven't found yours? I will not writing the comment at this time.

    By the way, why don't you visit to Korea when you have time or are during vacation something. I understand that it's not easy going to Korea literally because it considers spending time, money and energy. I hope that your wish is fulfilled soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're more than welcome :) I'm very happy that I could give anyone a positive influence with my blog! Your comments always encourage me to keep up this job and I'm grateful for that. Thank you so much!

    I'm finally going back to Korea next year and looking forward to the day when I see my family and friends again!

    Oh, you're in Vancouver, aren't you? It's the city where I learned English 2 years ago! How's Vancouver now? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that's perfect that we both encourage each other. :)

    By the way, congrats the happy news which you're going back to Korean next year! I'd like to meet you to get some coffee with you when you're in Korea for celebration, however I will be studying my major at that time and might be busy, you know, third grade in Korean university is crazy busy for preparing various tests for the future. Even though I want to see you if you're same as my mind.

    And As you know, Vancouver is not Vancouver. People call RAINcouver. Unluckily that's true, Maybe at least 4days a week are raining and other days are mostly cloudy. I just let you know that last week was horrible to go out to do something because of weather that 6days a week had been rainy. :O
    For now, I really miss Vancouver's summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha I can imagine how busy you will be :) Actually, I'm still a university student in the final year so I can understand you! If both of us are available, I'd love to see you though :D

    RAINcouver..XDDD That's a good name! When I was there, I couldn't see the sun for about 40 days and there was sunshine for a while after 40-rainy-days but I was in school so that I even didn't know there was sunshine..! I remember how much I missed the sun at that time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I HATE RAINCOUVER.
    I can say without any hesitation. Today was also rainy not too much but mostly cloudy again. For now, I want to be exposed the sun seriously. This weather makes me feeling not clear and energetic.

    And can I get your Facebook or Cyworld address, by the way, which one prefer to contact because blogspot is very simple and easy for managing however it doesn't have many functions such as visitor in Cyworld or notification in Naver blog, something like that.
    (And then I realized Korean blog or private homepage is very well made stuffs.)

    I'm so glad to know you who have you been to Vancouver, Canada for sharing common experiencc, specially about weather. :)

    Thanks for reply!
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ++

    Oh, and if you don't want to know me the address of your private address, don't worry you don't have to do that. I understand that someone doesn't like to be public his/her private homepage and we can keep in touch by this blog for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll be very happy if I could keep in touch with you through my personal page :) You can search me with my email address on Facebook: shmori6@hotmail.com

    Quite honestly, I didn't like the rainy weather in Vancouver, too..! Somehow it made me so sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just added you on Facebook :)

    And that's true, this condition of weather can't imagine as compared with Korea. And I heard an information from a world history by chance (I was a natural science student) when I was a high school student about other countries which couldn't get enough sunshine because of location. But, you know, this is terrible what I expected :O
    Luckily today was good though tomorrow is might be cloudy again :'(
    Oh, it's time to go to bed for going to work tomorrow!

    P.S. Thanks for telling me your personal page :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, it's been a long time since I answered you, which means I've been so busy :P

    I understand how you feel in the rainy city but I'm sure you'll miss Vancouver after leaving for Korea.. because I now miss Vancouver so much :)

    ReplyDelete