Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Example of a Birthday Speech


I got an assignment about a birthday speech in Public Speaking class a few weeks ago but it was quite hard to find any example on the Internet. So I'd like to share my speech example with those who are looking for any sample or example of a birthday speech :)

Oh, I referred to several samples but I lost the list of the web sites that I got them from. I'll upload the list soon!


Birthday Speech

Firstly, I would like to say thank you all for coming tonight to celebrate my boyfriend Tom's 30th birthday, hope you are all having a good time.

It is hard to believe that time has flown so fast like an arrow since I celebrated his 29th birthday together. Since then, a year has already passed and today is his birthday again so I would like to raise my glass and propose a toast for who he truly is:

Tom he is a man who looks at life positively in spite of the struggles and obstacles he faces, who strongly believes in true love and practices what he believes, and who always follows his dream.

Tom loves his friends, he loves contemporary art and music, he loves strong espresso coffee, he loves having an apple with a cup of tea at night, he loves cooking and feeding me, he loves bothering me affectionately.

So on this day, on his birthday, Tom, I, as your girlfriend, just want you to know how happy I am to have you. You are a wonderful, beautiful person, and you make a real shining difference in every life you touch.

Thank you for being you Tom and I wish your health and happiness. I love you, Tom, and happy birthday. Cheers.



3 comments:

  1. Good one,but pls I will like to have more examples if possible shorter one's . Pls send to my email d link to other ones - ikonyiriuka@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that but its my birthday and I will

    be doing the talking

    ReplyDelete