Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Kimbap Cheonguk, a Korean food Chain!




To be honest, I cannot say this is the best restaurant I've ever visited. Oh, definitely not! However, I should talk about this restaurant on my blog, because I've been thinking about their food which is typical Korean since I left Korea.

"Kimbap Cheonguk"



Kimbap is a Korean style roll and Cheonguk means heaven. Haha To me, the name seems to be pretty childish, but it would be good to appeal to Koreans! Everyone can notice what kind of restaurant it is even though they only mention one type of Korean food in the name.
They sell Bunsik, flour based Korean food. Indeed, Kimbap is not flour based, but Koreans put it into the same category as Bunsik.



What I dare to say is that Kimbap Cheonguk is one of the cheapest places where people can have a full meal, one of the largest Korean food chains, and one of the most successful restaurants in Korea as well.

Then, why are they doing well in Korea?

Firstly, everything is very cheap and cheerful!
Secondly, there are lots of menus that you can enjoy selecting from. Roughly, 50 to 70?
Thirdly, it feels homely. The restuarant is not overly decorated and usually an old woman wearing an apron serves you like your mother!


There should be hundreds of reasons why it has succeeded, but those are the main ones, I think.

Oh, the last time I went was already the summer in 2009. I miss Korean food so much.



PS_1
I would like to show you luxury Korean food that PGA champions like Tiger Woods, Vijay Singh, Phil Mickelson, and Youngeun Yang had for Champions Dinner! Click here: Y.E Yang hosts PGA dinner - Korean cuisine on menu!

PS_2
Are you adventurous? Then, I'll introduce adventurous Korean foods! Click here: Korean foods for the adventurous


2 comments:

  1. What about their competition?

    Kimbab nara, Kimbab school. It's funny that they want to name it in such a way. I don't really like the restaurant that much, but it's cheap and convenient if you have no other options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's so funny. Actually, I don't recognize which one is Kimbap nara, school, or cheonguk! Those are just the same to me.

    I'm not a fan of the restaurant, but I miss Tuna Kimbap and Rabokki, one of my favorite menu....

    ReplyDelete