Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

The fandom in Korea




I'm so glad that lots of people are getting interested in the Korean wave  or K-pop nowadays. Whenever I read any article about the Korean wave or K-pop, I remember when I was a teenager. I used to be a big fan of Shinhwa, one of the popular boyboands in Korea.

a popular Korean boyband Shinhwa

Today, I'm going to introduce several culture of fan clubs in Korea as a former fan of Shinhwa. Every fan club has their own culture, so what I'm talking about is just something very general.



1. Fan club has their own color!

Yes, you may literally understand what that means.
Every fan club has their own color to express themselves. Also, that makes them easy to indentify themselves and recognize who's fan others are among numerous fans in a concert where many singers perform.


Shinhwa's fans in Shinhwa concert

For example, orange represents Shinhwa, so I would have an orange jacket on with an orange balloon when I attended the concert. As I remember, white is for HOT, red is for FILKL, purple is for SES, green is for Click-B and skyblue is for god.


2. Special slogans for the stars!

We had special slogans for the stars such as 'a little prince', 'a killer smile', or something like that. The interesting thing is all fans are chanting the slogans in time to the starr's music in concert. That's why the fans have to memorize all the slogans before the concert. I liked this kind of thing, because I could enjoy the song in the differendt way. Can you imaging all fans including you chating the same slogans at the same time to the music? It was really fun! To me, this was sort of play.


3. Fan's fiction 'Fanfic'

Some very creative fans write fanfics which stand for Fan's Fiction. The star they love is the main charactor in the fanfic and the fanfics are mainly about love stories. However, there are lots of fanfics about homosexual love especially when the fiction is for a band consist of the same gender, becuase the fans don't want them to love others. It could be kind of jealousy! Oh, just because they write and read homosexual fanfics doesen't mean that they are homosexcual. Also, none of the fans thinks that the fiction would be real! They already know very well that's just a fiction for fun.



There are thousands of interesting cultures and stories in the Korean fandom. I think the fandom provides you with another way to enjoy the Korean wave and K-pop!
Looking back on it now, I was just a fan of the fandom instead of Shinhwa. That was my favorite play to relieve stress which was from studying all day. I experienced and learned a lot of things thanks to the fandom!

If you're interested in the Korean wave or the history of K-pop, I'd like to introduce this post: Wonder Girls release new single – 2 different tears/ the history of K-pop
Click the link above! You can get well-organized information =)


No comments:

Post a Comment