Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

It's time to play computer games!


CAE writing practice :)

I was given this specific topic to write an article in my writing class and it should be done in 40 minutes. That's why I can't deny this article isn't well-written, but I want to share this with those who are learning English like me. I think it'd be quite helpful for CAE students in particular.


An international magazine for young people has asked readers to send in articles on the topic of 'Computer - a complete waste of time and money'. Write an article supporting or disagreeing with the statement, and give your reasons.

Write your article in 220-260 words.





It's time to play computer games!

It's hardly surprising that our parents tend to consider computer games as a complete waste of time and money. However, I would say this is a very narrow view. Everything has pros and cons, and the computer games are no exception. We need to see what are good things about computer games as well!

Firstly, it's fun to play computer games.
We are not slaves to study or work all the time, and there's no denying that it's necessary to enjoy ourselves. Computer games can be a means for us to have a good time. In other words, we can relieve our stress which is from study and work by playing interesting games. 

Secondly, computer games improve our abilities to understand abstract things better.
According to an article I read a few days ago, people nowadays are more capable of comprehending notions than our ancestors were. Playing computer games increases the size of specific parts of our brain, and it makes us smarter in terms of perceiving something abstract.

Thirdly, computer games can be used as great study materials.
For instance, I learned how to calculate quickly by playing a calculating games at school. All my classmates were excellent at mental arithmetic thanks to the game. it's also possible to use games so as to learn history, a language, or any other subject in an enjoyable way.

Computer games can be useful and helpful, depending on how we deal with them. That's why I disagree with the statement that computer games are a complete waste of time and money.




2 comments:

  1. Thanks, this was kinda helpful.! I have to write the same essay for school too, and you really had good ideas.! :D *-*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure :) Hope you wrote a good assay!

      Delete